This is an intermediate position, requiring at least 5-7 years of experience working at an interior design, architecture or related design firm. Project Designers develop and execute appropriate design solutions for projects under the direction of the Principal and Studio Director; they must have the ability to work independently and the flexibility to both support and lead project design teams. Project Designers will work on larger, more complex design projects in a support capacity but may also serve as the lead on small to medium sized projects.
Given this variety, the ability to work under pressure, prioritize and handle a number of concurrent projects and tasks is key. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation and sketching abilities. Project Designers must possess good collaboration skills, the ability to communicate and comprehend design direction quickly and efficiently, and be able to work well in a team environment.
This position requires prior experience in the following areas:
• Collaborates on all phases of corporate interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documents
• Develops space planning concepts and generates program documents
• Prepares graphic materials for presentations to clients
• Participates in selection of appropriate furniture, finishes and accessories
• Prepares design development packages for production
• Assists with the review of bids and contracts related to the portion of project assigned
• Performs field verifications and assist with site inspections for verification of design intent
• Reviews shop drawings for design intent
• Reviews mock-ups, materials and finish samples submitted by project contractors
• Works with consultants, contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
• Assists in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
• Contributes to office activities, initiatives and learning programs, contribute to an environment conducive to high quality design and professionalism
• Proactively keeps Studio Director informed of work status and seeks clarification where appropriate
• Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required
• High proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite Degree
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related field.
Email resume, work sample, and salary requirements to Heather McKeon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no phone calls.