EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / OFFICE MANAGER
We are a busy close knit group located on the 10th floor of a beautiful historic building in downtown Detroit, just north of Grand Circus Park. Most days we take turns ordering lunch for each other or arranging impromptu happy hours in the office, and because of our open work environment, an ability to work in a collaborative environment is key
Under the direct supervision of the director of operations this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the executive group and general office management. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as invoicing and billing, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining office supplies, coordinating the generation of proposals, responding to RFPs, generation of marketing materials, and working on special projects. Also, answers routine and non-routine correspondence and assembles confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of clients as well as internal staff. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, can recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedule and organize meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the executive team and make arrangements for small close knit office.
- Manage executive team/ office calendar, scheduling and prioritizing.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF
- Responsible for tracking employee timesheets, invoicing and billing and being main liaison to bookkeeper.
- Sort and distribute mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Act as a liaison with clients including high-level.
- Coordinating procurement, purchasing and logistics for $500, 000 to 1 million dollars in FF& E (furniture, equipment, etc.)
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the executive team, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, assembling proposals, coordinating emails, mailings, creating marketing materials.
- Type and design general correspondences, proposals, responses, proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copies.
- Develop and manage Constant Contact/Mail-chimp data base for mass client mailings and newsletter.
- Develop and organize content for email blasts and regular newsletters.
BEHAVOIRS AND CULTURE
- Must enjoy working in a creative environment
- Positive can do spirit and attitude
- Flexible and able to work in an environment that sometimes can be ambiguous due to our size and structure
- Take a team approach to all task- and develop a win-win outcome to problem
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a minimum of two years of administrative experience
- Extremely detail oriented
- Be skilled in Microsoft suite and Adobe Required
- Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Good time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Email resume and salary requirements to Heather McKeon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no phone calls.